As of Nov. 18, 2019, Arlington has a new water-sewer-refuse Customer Self-Service (CSS) portal where customers can review bills, go paperless and order certain services like brush pickup and mulch delivery. Payments are still made through the County Treasurer’s Office, via the customer payment portal CAPP but accessing utility accounts via the old system known as “Click2Gov” is no longer possible.
We made these changes as part of a project to modernize the billing system.
We strongly recommend all customers sign up for a CSS account.
- The first time you log on to CSS you will be obliged to enter your last name, as it appears on your bill, and your utility account number (i.e. the first 12 digits of the account number that appear on the top right hand corner of your bill).
- After this initial account set-up, you can pick a username and password of your choosing.
- If you do not have ready access to your bill and account number, call the Customer Contact Center, 703-228-5000 during business hours and an agent will be happy to assist.
- Your summer bill may be lower because we will no longer be charging for refuse in advance of service and we need to credit accounts to account for this change.
- After the initial bill, your bill will return to its regular payment amount and your refuse charges will be prorated on a daily basis.
We’re committed to Arlington, Va. through the provision of safe and reliable drinking water; returning clean water to the environment through treatment; and providing for the orderly collection, processing and disposal of refuse and the recovery of recyclable materials and yard waste.