Your feedback is important to us. We invite you to take our Utilities Billing and Payment Services survey to let us know how we are doing and how we can improve. Your support is always appreciated. Thank you.
The Department of Environmental Services bills for utilities; the Treasurer’s Office collects the payments. Contact us if your payment isn’t reflected on your utilities account. Learn more about payment options.
How to Keep up With Your Utilities Online
Customer Assessment and Payment Portal (CAPP) – Pay utilities and parking tickets,
receive e-bill notifications, and file taxes.
- For quick access use the “Pay Without Signing Up” option on the CAPP website.
- Then click the “Make a Quick Payment” button and select “Utilities (Water & Sewer)” from the drop-down menu.
- Note: In CAPP, the utilities account number format requires all 13 digits (listed on your utility bill statement), without spaces or dashes.
- Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-228-3702.
Click2Gov – View account details such as past payments, current utilities balance and water consumption history.
- Register using this format for the Account ID field: 123456-123456 (include dashes).
- The initial PIN is in the right-hand corner of your utilities bill statement.
- If your account is already registered, your chosen PIN will not appear on your billing statements (for security reasons).
Note: Click2Gov and CAPP require separate registration processes with different account number formats and separate PINs and/or passwords.